Tuesday, March 13, 2007

A run, some planning, and duathlon results

I went to the gym this afternoon and did 40' on the treadmill at 7:30/mile pace with a 6:00 mile thrown in at the 30' mark. My apologies to my brother-in-law who says I throw too many numbers around on this blog. He also looks for misspellings and misuse of words like "too".

I briefly spoke to my coach who will have some training info. for me going forward. I'm looking at some upcoming races that will not conflict with my work/wife/upcoming birth and forwarding him the info. tonight.

_________

I have been remiss in not congratulating, on this blog, two local athletes who rocked a duathlon race this past Sunday. Graham C. and Patrick Nesbitt came in first and second respectively at a duathlon race at UBC. My training partner (and I use that term loosely) had, in my opinion, a breakthrough time in the 5K's. He shattered his own PB by around 1:30 for the 5k in a duathlon. When you're running a mid 15' 5K, you are mooving......He's been putting in the work, and it's great to see.

These guys are training hard for the World Duathlon Championship in May in Hungary. Congrats to both of you!

1 comment:

Michael said...

What races are you looking at doing, Sun Run? TC 10-k?