Friday, March 02, 2007

Weather wimp

About 48hrs ago, I started feeling the symptoms of a cold. I have tried to deny it's existence, but it has been persistent and there have been reminders, particularly in the evening. Though a minor cold, it was enough to coax me to stay away from the elements today, and hit the treadmill. The cold (outside) and snow helped make my mind up as well. My coach wanted me to do the workout outside, with the only feedback being from my head and not the treadmill and it's multitude of readings, but I wimped out and scurried to the safety of the finest gym in town.

I ran for 40' with a brisk 4K thrown in after a 3K of warmup. I started my brisk 4K at 9.3mph and with 7' to go in the run, I bumped up the 'mill 0.1 mph/per min till it topped out the 'mill at 10mph. I was feeling very comfortable at these paces. A decent run despite how I'm feeling.

2 comments:

Michael said...

That is not too shabby considering you have a cold, nice work!

Eric said...

Zinc! Zinc! Zinc! Give Zicam or Cold-eez a try. I've had two separate 'colds' in the past month, and zinc knocked both of them out in two or three days, rather than the week to ten days they normally take to run their course.

It doesn't work for everyone, but it does work well when it does.