Friday, January 18, 2008

Being Pushed at the Track

I had a wonderful workout this morning with the help of Lorne and Lisa. We met there at about 9:00, and I was scheduled to do 14 laps of shuffling the curves and running fast on the straights. This amounted to 28 X 100m fast running. 

With Lorne and Lisa jumping in and out of my straights, it pushed me to keep my speed up. Running at paces I'd be hard pressed to maintain by myself. After the 22nd faster repeat, Lorne got me to walk to the line and run a 400 hard while he timed. They hollered encouragement, which my toqued head could only grasp certain portions of. It also didn't help my hearing abilities that I was focused on keeping my form together. My hands and arms were getting tight according to Lisa, but I think she missed most other body parts and organs, save my big toe. The lactic burn was great at the 300m mark, but I surprised myself by laying out a 1:12-1:13 lap. I continued for a couple more 100m repeats and called it a day. 

This was a confidence building session, and a fine session it was. Thanks L². 

No comments: