I was to run yesterday, but put it off till today because I was busy with several things, the primary thing being my Mom's birthday, which we celebrated here in the evening with dinner and cake (of course). So, I ran today at six in the evening, and what a nice night it was to run. It was warm enough to go without a toque or jacket, and I've begun contemplating the fact that the worst of the winter's weather may be behind us.
I ran a relatively short 6k; and because I just picked up Oliver Sacks' book, The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat the other day, I got to thinking during my leg home about my running from a neurological standpoint. What a marvel it is when you ponder this sort of thing; how the motion during running must rely on so many actions at once: the billions of synapses firing, all the limbs, joints, bones, and tendons, all working in concert to make a synchronized, wonderful, running motion. I think of it as an organic miracle.
3 comments:
Cool , eh?
Kinda makes you wonder bout the big picture.
Ps Renee Zellwegger couldn't carry Nicole Kidmans Luggage!
Gotta love that mitochondrian!!
J
Post a Comment