Sunday, March 30, 2008

Race Report: Spring Classic 5k

The best thing about the race was the mini-reunion with 2/3 of my siblings. Roy and Jill entered the race, and my brother-in-law Mikey was there for support. Mikey took pictures and some video. I haven't even had the inclination yet to watch the video of the finish.

The race, from my perspective, was very disappointing. Disastrous from a performance point of view actually. I ran an 18:44 which really should be a tempo run over 5k for me these days. My first k was in 3:25, and mile in 5:38 -- which was ok --but after that, the wheels simply fell off. If you do the math over the last 4k, you might surmise that I was running in mud. You know what? you wouldn't be far wrong! The wheels were off and were no where to be found, I'm still not exactly sure what went wrong. I was pissed off yesterday, and spent some time ruminating about the whole thing, but I'm now determined to move on and refocus for the TC 10k at the end of April.

---

I didn't give sufficient kudos to Lorne post race, who hammered down a recent PB. He's been quietly improving a lot, and it certainly showed yesterday. Next stop: 19:XX!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another good thing was all that fresh baking afterwards. Lemon squares, cupcakes and brownies oh my!

J

Anonymous said...

Oh yes! The baking rocks!

Anonymous said...

....try to remember...it is not a "race".....

Lawrence said...

anon.

Oh, but it was.

Anonymous said...

yes it was.