Saturday, May 02, 2009

400's at the track

I took Lorne's advice for a quality workout today. He suggested a slower pace than recent quality work I'd done by shortening the distance, and adding a few more reps. Because I had to work today, I ran in the evening at the track. The details:

1k warm up.
Drills on the grass, as many as I could remember after glancing at the list given to me by Lorne.
10 X 400m with a 200m jog between, each in 1:28.
800m cool down.

Overall I hit several in 1:28, a few in 1:29 and a couple in 1:27. I made sure that the penultimate rep was a 1:27.

If anyone is willing, give me a ring, if they'd like to run slow tomorrow evening (Sunday) at around 18:15, for an hour or so. I'd love the company. 

1 comment:

Jill said...

Sure! Actually your slow might be different than my slow!