Thursday, August 17, 2006

A run through Paradise?

I read somewhere recently that it's terrible to begin a post with the personal pronoun "I", but I readily admit that I often fail with this (I believe) loose rule of thumb. My route today was to head up and through Paradise Valley. It's a nice place, Paradise Valley; but it doesn't particularly strike me as paradise. It's a stretch of road that contains homes with acreage and hobby farms. I guess it's someone's take on paradise -- for me, it would require a little more pizazz and some things that are best left off this blog. This is a family friendly blog after all!

The route clocked in at ~14.1K using g-maps and that's about what I thought it would be given my pace ( 4:46/K or 7:41/mile) and time (1:07:30). The pace was a bit slower than I wanted, but there were some hills to start, and my left achilles felt creaky to begin with, and my right foot was bothering me slightly this morning. My legs took about 20 min. to warm up, so I'm fairly satisfied with today's pace. I left a bit late this morning, shorthly after 8, so there was a bit more traffic than I was comfortable with on the Valley road. There is little in the way of a shoulder and you have to keep a careful mind for vehicles. If I had started an hour earlier, it wouldn't have been nearly as bad. This is a run best left for early mornings or weekend evenings.

Following the run, we headed to River City Coffee to meet my wife's inlaws for coffee. The coffee and bagel with cream cheese hit the spot.

No comments: