Wednesday, January 31, 2007

He oughtta be in pictures......

This morning I went to the track, not for a run, but to watch and time Patrick run. All this and my new camcorder in tow. I'm just figuring out how to use it, and I thought I'd get some raw footage of Patty running 60 sec. laps. I couldn't ask for a better subject, at least according to my brother. He's never met Patrick, but after seeing his pic on this blog, claims he's the lost cousin of actor Colin Ferrell (sp?) He (my brother) has openly wondered why I'm not handsome like Patrick. Ah well, to the good looking go the spoils.....so because Patty's the closest thing to royalty here in the River city, he was treated to Hollywood status on this day, getting a whole 3 min. of digital tape devoted to him, charging around the track (hey, tape is $5 a pop).

My family; Stephanie, and her son Lochlan, met us up at the track to play and watch. It was nice being up there and just watching someone else run their guts out, while I was warmly attired for the foggy conditions, proudly holding my new toy.

A little later I ran the Seawalk/Beachtrail, out and back, starting at the bottom of my street. 50' total running time, and my legs felt good during the run. I'm still carrying the remnants of an annoying cough, which reared it's ugly head occasionally during the run. It was cool all day today, as the fog has stuck around the water.

Later in the afternoon, I had a meeting with my coach, and he gave specifics on my workouts to come in the next few weeks. All good stuff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lawrence your too funny!

Right now I’m into “Top Five lists”

Here’s My Top Five List for why I disagree with your brother on my “Colin Farell” like looks???

1. Last year my looks disrupted my best friends Grandmothers Funeral. Someone yelled from across the room “you look like a terrorist!” (TRUE STORY)

2. I haven’t been on a date in over 10 months! I’m sure its universal knowledge that Colin Farrell does well with the ladies.

3. Now although I have been growing facial hair since I was a fetus I must point out that he schools me in the style department. This is evident in Miami Vice, Phone Booth and S.W.A.T

4. Colin Farell is buff and looks good in anything, well I on the other hand am a scrawny SOB.

5. We can both grow a pretty mean unibrow but to the untrained eye mine is a bit thicker and classified in a totally different category of unibrows (further evidence towards my argument).

This has nothing to do with my top five list but thought I’d sneak this in:

My name is Patrick, I’m 22 years old and I’m single. I like eating mayonnaise and peanut butter sandwiches in the rain, watching Blossom reruns, making forts in the park and licking strangers on the transit bus; you eat beets raw, have been to a Justin Timberlake concert, and sweat freely and often. Must wear size five shoes.

Please leave a comment if interested.

Patrick

Anonymous said...

You sure are funny!! I think looking like Colin Farell MUST make you faster! Keep up the handsome work