Friday, February 02, 2007

Hard run and core work

I didn't do much running today, but what I did do, I did with purpose and intensity. I took my almost master-body (now there's a phrase) into areas it's not used to. After a warmup of about 2K and some drills, I cranked up the treadmill and ran for a total of 16 min. hard. The mind began rebelling before the body. I played all sorts of tricks to get through the workout: not looking at my watch; waiting for 3 "watch-looking" urges to pass before actually looking at it.....The last minute seemed to take two. Those last two minutes finally passed-- and I was grateful, for several things.........it will be interesting to see how my legs respond tomorrow. More on my pins tomorrow.

Then it was some core exercises, with a few shoulder exercises thrown in.

No comments: