Friday, February 09, 2007

A pocket full of fun

It was a short hard effort on the treadmill today. My legs were feeling pretty good, though not as refreshed as last Friday when I did this workout. I was to do 4 repeats on this day, and managed 3 3/4 of them. On the whole, I was satisfied with the workout, but it would have been nice to hang on for another 50" or so and get this one in my back pocket. Next time.

I followed this up with a short core workout with Patty, as he met me after his morning massage. Lorne and Lisa, finished their run and invited us along with them for a dip in the ocean. I was immediately full of dread and foreboding, and contrary to my better judgement, followed them. It was about 3-4 minutes in the water and that was enough for me. Lisa was a ROCK in the water, while us males seemed to be doing a fair bit of whimpering.... OK, maybe Patty was a bit tougher than usual. Despite all this, I know it's good for my legs after a hard workout.

Off for some lunch with Patty at our usual haunt-- and I got away with keeping my wocket in my pocket. Er, I mean wallet. Thanks Mr. N.

No comments: