Sunday, February 18, 2007

Tour de Trail 2007

There were over 100 participants in this years running of the approx. 12.5K of trails and road. I was content in running this relatively easy and ended up doing so with Greg T. I ran it in around 57:00 (I think), as the timing person missed me coming in, and Greg had to tell her my approx. time. For my part, I forgot to stop my watch, or look at it, as I was having a good run and time wasn't a huge factor for me today. I did pick up the pace over the last couple of K's as we hit the road and made for the gym. I put my foot on the accelerator with about 600m to go and finished strong and satisfied on a run that left me feeling strong and satisfied. The weather was perfect, and Avid Fitness did a great job in organizing the event, and raising money for the food bank. Kudos to Lorne, Lisa and all the volunteers!

Kudos also to Graham C. who once again dominated the run in a sizzling 45:00ish (I'm not sure of his exact finish time) on a course that's a bit unforgiving for the first 4-5K. This beat the course record (also owned by Mr. C) of 46:40. I'm unsure who the first woman was today. I'll find out tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did not look at your watch???? You have come a long way Baby!! I am glad that you enjoyed yourself and I am sorry that I did not get a chance to speak with you, Sarah and Audrey. I had to drive back up the course to get our vehicle. Mr. C ran it in 45:07 and I think that Charlene Cantryn was first female at 1:04:27. What a stunning day! Somebody suggested that next year we have a big brass bell hanging at the top of the hill so that everyone can ring it as they run over the top. What do you think? Thanks for coming and thanks for plugging it on your blog.

Lawrence said...

The bell at the top of the hill would be a great idea. It would also provide a nice and unique way to promote the run.

I'm gonna need a pair of "Brooks Burn" from your new store soon! I tried them on, and I think I like.......

Cheers