Friday, February 16, 2007

Thanks Lisa

It was tough today to get motivated for my run. I showed up at the gym with a treadmill run on my agenda. It was to be short, but challenging. Lisa M. helped me procrastinate at the front desk, humouring me with my idle chatter, meant to delay the inevitable. The inevitable came and after a warmup and some drills, I hopped on the whirring 'mill to do some intervals. I had four on my schedule and on the fourth one, I was mentally losing some focus, when Lisa came over for encouragement. Now, it always helps me to have someone encouraging me, and when that someone is a woman watching, I suspect I'm hard-wired not to look too bad. I made it to the end, and though the last few minutes were tough, it was done.

Oh yeah, I also did a strength/core workout early this morning.

___________

Don't call running and training a sacrifice as Deena Kastor says so well.

No comments: