Sunday, February 11, 2007

Track workout

It's quite late, so I'll keep this short. Went to the track this afternoon for some 1K repeats that required some changing of gears. A warmup, drills, strides and then to the meat of the workout: 1K hard, and then 1K at a brisk easy pace then repeat. It was a bit of a challenge getting this done at the track, as there was a soccer match on and the participants and spectators were taking up lane space, which had me winding around them. There was even a canopy covering lanes 2-4 on one side. It was a tough workout and I made the error of starting out a bit too hard with an initial 1:15 lap--this can make you pay. And it did to a certain extent. It was a tough workout considering all the factors........

I'm confident I'll do better at this particular workout the next time it rolls around.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You omitted the stats -- the reps and times? Enquiring minds minds want to know.