Friday, June 22, 2007

Feeling great

It was a rare day today, the day after the longest day.

I ran what was a great easy training run.

Everything felt perfect. I ran from my end of the sea walk to the gate at the end of the beach trail for a total of 40:25. Running a steady pace, I just clicked along, my legs feeling like powerful pistons attached to a ready engine. I timed a portion of the run (out and back) out of curiosity to see what it looked like. From my less-than-aesthetic markers, the garbage can to mid-trestle bridge, I ran 19:03 out and 18:37 back. I don't know the exact distance, but it's been a while since I ran this sort of time (easy) for this route. Speaking of distance, I think I might get a reasonably priced odometer for my bike so I can measure off some markers and routes.

Can anyone speak on how accurate bike odometers are?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bike odometers are reasonably accurate as long as you calibrate them accurately in the first place. I can show you how. Do not rely on the numbers provided by the manufacturers.