Monday, January 28, 2008

Twinkle, Twinkle, Frozen Toes

It was a tough one today. Mentally and physically tough. Usually these twin beasts don't act in concert, undermining me at the same time is thankfully rare. Today, they both seemed to be out. My motivation needs some work, and my legs lacked snap. It was a short run though: 3k moderate out and 3k back fast. I just needed to head out and run the thing, instead I found that procrastination was the watchword this morning.

My speed, once I got to heading for home, was probably in 10k race pace zone, which isn't quick enough for this short of a distance. Thankfully, I don't time this particular route. On the plus side of the ledger, it's done and logged.

I was only outside for about 25 minutes, but the very tips of my toes were numb when I finished. Strange. It wasn't that cold out there. What may have contributed to this were my socks, which didn't seem to be well fitting today.

I will try not to gripe so much tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

popsicle toes?

Lawrence said...

*geez* I wish I'd used that in my title!

Anonymous said...

when the goin' gets tough, the tough get tough in there!