Friday, July 04, 2008

Easy peasy?

I decided to run a pace I don't often strive for. In my last build before my 10k race in Victoria, I recall having to run a pace of 4:10/k. I thought I'd run this pace for 5k today, which struck me later as a very Alston M. type run. He loves to run 5k's on the tready though.

Looking to run 5k in 20:50, I warmed up for 2k and ran it in 20:29. Too fast. I'll slow it down next time for sure. It was warm and a fair breeze was blowing on the back stretch. I'm not sure if this run accomplished much today, except remind me that this pace used to be my tempo pace. Now, I would consider it easy-plus-plus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would test the axe & the tree first. It might only take a couple of swipes with my file to hone my blade. In the end, through logical empirical measures, I might be able to determine that the tree can be cut down in only one hour. Why would anyone be encouraged to over-prepare? Time wasted is time wasted no matter how you cut it. The tree is only a secondary resource as the soil in the primary resource. But the greatest value in your life (obviously not greatly valued by Mr. Lincoln) is your time - it is non-renewable.