Thursday, April 16, 2009

Lunging in Vancouver

Being in Vancouver today provided me with the opportunity to run part of the Stanley Park sea walk. While the kids played at the playground near second beach, I ran west around the sea walk almost reaching the Lion's Gate bridge. Specifically, I ran 17 minutes out, and turned around and ran back with a faster work out of: 

40 sec. at an estimated 35:00 10k pace
Then 1:00 easy jogging. I did this till I got back to my starting point.

When I got back to the playground, I did some A and B drills, plus lunges. I only did 1 set of 10 lunges to start, with the plan to build from there. Gotta look after my wonky hip.

Oh, and a pleasant happening occurred on the sea walk: an attractive, outdoorsy looking woman (as it happens, not my wife) happened to see me running at the faster pace while walking in the opposite direction. She exclaimed, with a thumbs up, "Nice running."

Flattery will get you everywhere. 

2 comments:

Jill said...

"I can live two months on a good compliment."
-Mark Twain

Anonymous said...

well, you'll have to cuz yer not getting any over here!!!

J. J . you are a speci-MAN.