Thursday, August 13, 2009

Maggie Vessey explained

A really good read on U.S. 800m sensation Maggie Vessey's coach Greg Brock, explaining what training has worked and not worked for her. Part 1 today.


Later update:

Greg Brock :

"What I tell Maggie is always the same thing: 'It doesn't matter what the race is. I want you to focus on process. Not outcome. Just think process. And just do your very best.' The beauty of our sport is if we do our very best, you cannot be unhappy.

Too many people have unrealistic goals. I know people that could go out and run a PR but because their PR was higher than that or to beat someone, they would actually be crushed. Not me. All you have to do is ask yourself one question. Did I do my very best? And that's what I want her to do."

I love this quote.

No comments: