Thursday, January 11, 2007

5k on the treadmill


As I left for the gym, this puzzle was left for me in our living room. My 2 year-old daughter is getting very good with her language and spelling skills. I took the message to heart and ended up running a 5k on the treadmill at what I'd call 90-95% effort. I'd call it an "aggressive tempo" pace which was probably a bit tougher just for the fact it was on the treadmill. Those seconds seem to tick by slowly, and if I fall into the trap of looking at my watch early, say before the first mile -- I find I can be in trouble mentally. I did consider doing this on the track, but it was covered in patchy ice.
A tough run mentally, especially the last K.
2k warm up
Drills A&B's
5K Tempo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice run. The treadmill does make it tougher mentally. The pace feels harder, and going nowhere is a weird sensation.

I'm going straight to my kids' alphabet floormat and spelling out 'RUN FAST'! That's awesome!

Anonymous said...

Lawrence, I apologize for not making it in to see you this morning. I just arrived here now after running here with a backpack. The car would still not start when I left the house.

I really enjoy your blog not only for your comments but for the comments of others as well.

See you tonight.

Anonymous said...

Great to see the lil' one taking after her aunt!!! JM