Friday, January 05, 2007

5K "Tempo"

My infernal cough won't leave me. I had thoughts of skipping today's run and doing it tomorrow, but I know I'd regret that in the morning. I ran the treadmill tonight and thought I'd keep the run short, but tough. Coach had me scheduled for a quality run today, so I obliged with a brisk 5K after a 1 mile warm up (and A's and B's)...... How's that for mixing my metric and imperial systems...... After the 5K, there was a couple of minutes where fellow gym patrons may have thought I was coughing up a lung, but once again I held it down.

Given my state today, I was satisfied with my effort.

-------------

This should be a good race: Bernard Lagat to Face Craig Mottram in Wanamaker Mile at 100th Millrose Games

2 comments:

Michael said...

Good job on the run particularly if you’re not feeling well, careful not to over do it though.

Anonymous said...

Give your poor lungs a rest, they are trying to tell you something!
I'm sure you are enjoying your rest day today.
JM