Sunday, January 07, 2007

Decent weather with extra cushioning

After a night of wind and rain pummelling our house, I lay in bed and was beginning to have doubts that a decent day would lie ahead. The rain was lashing the east side of our house big time; it's really been one of the most memorable winters for wind. Luckily by 9 this morning the winds subsided and it turned out to be good running weather. In fact, in retrospect, I could have worn shorts. I donned no gloves and hat, for the first time in a while. I also donned a brand new pair of Brooks glycerin 4's today. My old pair, I wore a bit too long. I could really feel the extra cushioning the new pair provided today.

Everything was good today then, and the legs felt good, even if the lungs still have a little bit to go. I ran the seawalk/Beach trail/XC course for a total of 59:18.

Tonight, I'll do some core exercises/bridging.............

No comments: