Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Perfect timing for some...

For once my timing was right on. 3 minutes after completing a 53:06 run with Patrick, I was safely home, a storm of considerable proportions broke out. As I write this the sleet/wet snow is falling at almost the horizontal. No exaggeration. The sad part of this tale is that Patrick is still out running in this mess. He turned around and headed back for home in the Townsite, about 5km away.

Patrick if you're reading this, you're a (insert appropriate adjective here) man than I. I hope you've made it. Should I go out and search? Are you smart enough to turn around and take refuge in my home? Or, as the saying goes: there's no such thing as bad weather, just poor clothing choices. Hmmm.......

Having said all that, our run together was easy with 5X(20-30") pickups with 30-40"easy between, thrown in after 3k.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lawrence,

What I learned today was that there is no place for Pride in running!

Thank you for the run this morning.It was great running with you. As always the conversation was great, and the 5 x 20-30 pick-ups that you came up with were a great way to add some flavor to our easy day scheduled run.

After dropping you off at home, I felt pretty “Macho” about turning down your offer to take refuge from the crazy storm. Between you and me, when the rain turned into hail and the winds picked up I wasn’t even 400m into my 5km run home when I started to whimper. I seriously thought about heading back to your place but my pride kept me going (stupid pride). When I passed the 2km till home mark I started to swear refusly at my stupidity and just wished the suffering would stop. I quickly gave up on being “macho” and just cried the rest of the way home.

So again Lawrence this is just between you and me.I don't want anyone to know that my pride is hurt and that I whimpered and cried my way home.

But seriously don’t ever let me do such a stupid thing like that again. Ha ha ha ha

Thanks again Lawrence

Frost bitten
Patrick

Lawrence said...

you're alive! Thank god.....I thought about going out for a search for you, but the weather was too ugly......