Wednesday, February 14, 2007

2007 edition of the Tour de Trail

A 70 min. run today at an easy pace. I ran to the Patricia Theatre in the Town Site. Overall, a good run.

_____________

From these comments, I've agreed to tout a great local run this Sunday. Avid Fitness is hosting a trail run that's in support of the local foodbank. There will be a great turnout, as this event has been well advertised locally. Last year, Graham Cocksedge set a course record of 46:40 on this challenging course. If you know this course, you know what a great time that is.

If any runners from Vancouver Island are interested in catching the ferry to Powell River, they'd have plenty of time to get to this run. Contact me, and I'd even arrange to have a ride for you to the start and a ride back to the ferry at 12:00.

See you there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lawrence, this Tour de Trail run sounds awesome! Would it be too hard for an old man like myself? I really look forward to doing it as you have made it sound so inviting. Honestly, do you think that it is one of the most beautiful courses that you have ever run on?

Lawrence said...

Lorne,

I don't think the course is even too hard for an old fogey like you. My suggestion is to go out 15sec per mile slower than your race pace for the first 3 miles, and then pick it up from there. You'll be glad you did, as the first 3 miles are the most challenging, but the positive is that it's beauty throughout, as you've said.

I especially like the soft downhill surface of the blue trail portion......and you'll be rewarded for conserving the pace when you hit this after approx. 3miles. If you require anymore tips or motivation, feel free to email me....... : )