Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The journey of 6K starts with.......

Sarah said I had a look, after work, like I wasn't up to a run. I didn't think too much of it at the time; just getting home, changing, and getting to the track, before it was dark. I knew it was to be done and did not dilly dally. Though I may have looked like I wasn't very impressed about heading out, the run went very well. I felt pretty good, and mentally I approached it like a day at the office. I didn't dwell on the hard work ahead of me, I just did it. One step at a time.

1600m warmup
drills
4X 50m strides
4 X800m @ approx. 3K race pace
1X1200 @ approx. 3K race pace

It was chilly as the sun ducked behind a large bank of clouds in the west, but at least it wasn't raining, and the track was dry. It seemed as if this is the first dry track I've run on in a while. The wind, though present, was manageable.

2 comments:

Michael said...

Nice w/o, the legs must feel sharp after a track session like that. Not only was it dry, but it sounds like you didn't have to avoid any "extras".

Lawrence said...

You're right, the track was free of impediments.