Sunday, January 13, 2008

10k in the night

Following work, I drove up to my favourite gym and ran the 10k course around Cranberry Lake:

Long pants. Check.
Reflective velcro strip. Check.
Head lamp. Check.
Flashing red bike light on shoe. Check.
Mittens. Check.
Jacket. Check. (Though I wish I wasn't wearing this at the 5k point)

I was to run at 10k race intensity. I definitely noted the difference between the words pace and intensity. I finished with a 40:05. I did have to slow down slightly (twice) for a traffic accident at Cassiar and Manson. The number of emergency vehicles there seemed to indicate a bad accident, though the vehicles didn't look to be badly damaged (mind you, it was dark and I was running by). 

I'm satisfied with the run, though I'd be really happy if it were a tad faster. Not too bad considering the conditions. 

No comments: