Wednesday, March 05, 2008

A greater inclination for the despot

I showed up at the gym late this afternoon, and Coach announced a change to my treadmill numbers tonight. I was at first disbelieving, as I already received his initial revisions last week via e-mail; but he was announcing another change: an increase in incline from 0.5 to 1.0%! I was incredulous, stupefied, and frankly, a tad worried. I had already done a minor psyche job on myself to get to the gym in a frame of mind to complete this session. It was to be a tough session of 5 x 4:00 @ 11.4 mph (w/ 3:00 rest).

I looked at Coach and could only think of one man. I thought he was dead? No, the tyrant was reborn -- here in a new place -- a place containing many devices for self-immolation, made by Apex. My particular torture device was waiting for me. I approached it on my own, calmly. Resignation.

I'll leave out the gory details, but let it be known that I completed my session. I'm happy, as this workout was left slightly uncompleted last week.


Note: I notice an error in yesterday's post, the speed was actually 11.2 mph, not 11.4 mph

No comments: