Thursday, May 07, 2009

Running night in Canada

I must be a poor Canadian, and a poorer British Columbian. Getting home from work, I headed out the door while the Canucks were in the early stages of the second period. Heading out on the streets of town, I anticipated running through a ghost town with most eyes on the blue glow of the playoff game. Strangely it seems I was wrong. The number of cars on the road surprised me --there's more poor Canadians than just me out there. 

51:25 easy. 

The Canucks, sadly, lost tonight. This matters, if you're a decent, right-minded Canadian.

3 comments:

E. B. White said...

The poverty is most evident in the grammar.

Lawrence said...

Everybody's a critic.......

Anonymous said...

In Canuckland; we've been through it all except winning the big cup so why get excited when it seems the players don't have much spirit for it anyways... holding out to get excited until cup finals