Tuesday, July 10, 2007

2K's

I ran tonight the latest I've run in a long while. I avoided the heat wave today, waiting to hit the track after the sun had set. This meant, by the time I finished my warm up I was starting my 2X2K at 9:30 p.m.

While doing my strides in warm up, I felt very strong and fluid. I had an inkling that it could be a good workout, and as it turned out, it was. I ran the 2K's in 6:57 and 7:07, which compares well to the times I laid down a week or so ago. I had much better concentration tonight and everything felt good. This was a confidence building run.

----

Earlier in the a.m. I took my bike out to measure my supposed 8k course. I had some potential errors, and am going to measure again. Maybe the expectations I have for the course is throwing me off. Then again, I think the gravely terrain may have played with my readings. I'll walk the bike over these portions next time.

No comments: